Current college students – what’s your BIG IDEA IN MEDIA? A new company, show, App, or platform? Do you want the extraordinary opportunity to pitch your media idea to a jury of media executives who are tasked with green-lighting projects?
This year’s conference theme is Navigating Disruption. Cool,right? We’ll be talking about disruption throughout the course of the day, including career paths and how the industry stays competitive and on top.
We get it – the last thing you’re thinking about during the summer break is working on a project. But you’re not the average student. You see this as an opportunity to test yourself and see how far your idea will go, so go for it! This is an awesome opportunity to put yourselves in front of media executives, gain great experience in public speaking, build your confidence and improve your ability to develop a clear message. Plus, your team could win up to $2,000.
Step One is to submit your media idea in the form of an introductory two-minute video. All entries will be reviewed and pre-qualified by an all-star judging panel from the ODI pool of top media executives.
Step Two, the top six teams will present in person a full five-minute pitch at this year’s One Day Immersion in Media, Entertainment and Technology conference –November 2, 2018, Schimmel Center at Pace University, NYC, and enter our PITCH PERFECT: ODI EDITION media competition.
COMPETITION PRIZES (Note: All prizes are per team, not per person):
- GOLD team will receive a total of $2,000.
- SILVER team will receive a total of $1,000.
- BRONZE team will receive a total of $500.
- RUNNERS-UP team(s) will receive a total of $150.
- And let’s be clear – all teams will have the amazing opportunity to have face-time with top media pros. Big win for everyone!
SUPER IMPORTANT DEADLINES:
- Friday, October 5, 2018, 11:59pm ET / 10:59pm CT / 9:59pm MT / 8:59pm PT – All entries of the two-minute media pitch idea must be received. Videos to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, October 6 – Monday, October 15, 2018 – ODI Jury to review all two-minute entries.
- Monday, October 15, 2018 – Top six teams are contacted as finalists, and should be editing and practicing their five-minute pitch presentation.
For a full overview of the Pitch Perfect: ODI Edition competition GUIDELINES AND DEADLINES, go to www.onedayimmersion.com/PITCHPERFECT
A FEW TIPS:
- This must be a good idea that is feasible, and you must be able to demonstrate the viability of your idea.
- Recruit a diverse team to develop your pitch. Consider pulling together creative, business, and tech-oriented talent.
- Use this opportunity to the fullest. You are being judged by top media executives who green-light content – in the real world! Pitches need to be professional, well thought out, and communicated clearly.
- Read the trades, i.e. – Multichannel News, The Hollywood Reporter, Cynopsis, Broadcasting and Cable, Variety, to name a few. They can inspire the development of your ideas.
**While this is not a CC sponsored event, please connect with Andrea Culp in the Career Center for additional information about ODI.