The Heritage Foundation
The Young Leaders Program promotes the mission of The Heritage Foundation to the next generation by developing and implementing outreach to younger audiences. The Young Leaders Program is a 12-15 week internship program that provides a full educational program while at The Heritage Foundation. Working up to 37.5 hours, an intern has the opportunity to learn from experts in a variety of fields by way of policy briefings, in-house mentorship, accountability of work, and a First Principles Series.
Highlights of the YLP Internship
In addition to the practical experience interns acquire, intern programming offers educational and skill enhancing seminars. Interns regularly attend events where they can meet and talk with the nation’s leading policy-makers, interns are establishing friendships and contacts that will last a lifetime.
- A weekly series on First Principles.
- Weekly briefings with Heritage policy experts on foreign and domestic policy issues.
- Lectures and seminars held at Heritage hearing from prominent conservative leaders, authors, and policymakers.
- Practical skills workshops teaching how to research, op-eds writing, blogging, etiquette, skill building workshops, resume writing, and networking.
- Reading groups and discussions.
- Off-site tours including the Pentagon, Capitol, and Mount Vernon.
Find out more!