Littman Family Law, a well-respected Family Law firm in Denver, is looking to hire a paralegal this May. We will be interviewing in April and we are expecting this new paralegal to begin mid-May or shortly after commencement. This position is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual hoping to develop their legal skills and knowledge in a supportive yet challenging professional environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Drafting and editing various basic and complex legal pleadings and documents
• Managing cases and deadlines, preparing and sending agreements
• Assisting attorneys with hearing, arbitration, and mediation preparation
• Reviewing and editing financial disclosures in divorce and child support cases
• Assisting with website issues, content editing, and redesign
• Answering phones, scheduling appointments and consultations, and acting as a first point of contact for clients, potential clients, attorneys, and other involved parties
• E-filing to the Colorado Courts, scheduling court appearances, and communicating with court clerks
• Optional preparing and editing PowerPoint presentations and articles for publication
• Tackling all other administrative tasks as they arise
Benefits and other opportunities:
• Kaiser Health insurance
• Paid vacation time
• 401K contribution
• Membership to the Rocky Mountain Paralegal Association
• Chance to attend Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee and Colorado Family Law section’s monthly luncheon meetings
• Onsite free parking
• Notary Public licensing
• Opportunity to walk the office dog!
You will be expected to handle constantly shifting responsibilities and have empathetic customer service skills. Family Law includes divorce, allocation of parental responsibilities, parenting coordination, child support, mediation, arbitration, Child and Family Investigation, and family management after abuse or alleged abuse. Therefore, you’ll be working with clients during a very difficult time in their lives.
This job is a wonderful opportunity to learn practical legal skills at a small law firm. To apply, please email a resume and your contact information to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by April 4th at 9:00 a.m.