NATIONAL SERVICE FOR CITIZEN-ARTISTS.
ArtistYear is an AmeriCorps program for artists to dedicate themselves to a full-time year of service to address inequities in arts education across our nation.
Come learn more about ArtistYear from a Denver Fellow
Friday, May 6, 1:00pm
RSVP in Handshake so we know to expect you
WHAT WE DO: ArtistYear is dedicated to addressing inequities in arts education for K-12 students. To ensure that every low-income student in America has the opportunity to reap the social emotional and academic benefits associated with arts learning, ArtistYear created a national service arts corps. We train AmeriCorps Fellows—gifted recent graduates across all artistic disciplines—and support them as full-time teaching artists at high-poverty schools to expand and deepen arts education for low-income students. ArtistYear is the nation’s first AmeriCorps program focused on the arts.
DEMAND MEETS SUPPLY: Each year over 100,000 artists graduate from higher education institutions in the U.S., including actors, creative writers, dancers, digital media artists, filmmakers, musicians, and visual artists. What if these young graduates dedicated themselves as full-time teaching artists, expanding and deepening access to the arts for low-income K-12 students? Imagine their impact! ArtistYear aims to harness this powerful force.
WHO ARE OUR FELLOWS? An ArtistYear AmeriCorps Fellow is dedicated to the highest level of artistic excellence, possesses a deep commitment to service, and believes in the artistic potential of every child. Fellows represent all artistic disciplines. They are actors, animators, art historians, cellists, ceramicists, composers, comics, creative writers, dancers, filmmakers, graphic designers, guitarists, illustrators, jazz musicians, photographers, playwrights, poets, recording engineers, screenwriters, sculptors, singers, storytellers, violinists, and visual artists.
APPLICANTS TO ARTISTYEAR MUST BE:
- A graduate of an accredited college or university by July 1, 2022.
- Highly skilled in their artistic craft, holding a degree in an artistic field or having a comparable combination of education and experience in their artistic field. For example: Art history, art therapy, creative writing, dance, digital media, fashion design, fine arts, piano, photography, screenwriting, filmmaking, music composition, music education, theatre, viola, etc.
- U.S. citizenship, national, or legal resident. Due to the hiring restrictions as an AmeriCorps program, ArtistYear may only accept applicants who are U.S. citizens, nationals, or legal residents
- Able to dedicate up to 12-months to a full-time national service year.
- Able to successfully pass all necessary background checks and clearances for working with youth.
Currently accepting applications for in the following locations:
- The Borough of Queens, New York
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- The Sandhills – Moore County and Lee County, North Carolina
- Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
- Denver, Colorado
LEARN MORE AT https://artistyear.org/
Apply at: https://app.getacceptd.com/artistyear