Are you thinking about pursuing your Master’s Degree in Microbiology-Immunology? Colorado State University might be a good fit for you! Read further for more details.
Microbiology-Immunology Master of Science (professional):
The professional, non-thesis Master of Science in Microbiology-Immunology (MS-B) is designed to strengthen the scientific academic portfolio of those seeking professional degrees and provide differentiating preparation for those seeking careers in industry. The overall goal of the program is to give each student a competitive advantage for their future career in industry or their admission into professional school. To develop this advantage the program leverages your undergraduate education and training in life science and provides the advanced knowledge and skills required through:
- A rigorous curriculum designed to provide cutting-edge knowledge in both theoretical and applied aspects of microbiology, virology, immunology and molecular biology.
- A strong emphasis on aspects of the discipline that will be useful in real world employment scenarios.
- A well-rounded curriculum that includes the development of vital professional skills such as verbal and written communication, responsible conduct of research, and biosafety.
- Active communication with regional and national representatives from the pharmaceutical, biotech, government and public health sectors to ensure that the program’s curriculum remains pertinent and effective.
- A high level of communication in the program to facilitate active mentoring, networking and career discussions, and access to take full advantage of the cutting-edge facilities and expertise available in the department.
Important date: Applications are due April 1st each year (they only admit for the fall semester)
Visit their website:
Dr. Brian Geiss
Phone: (970) 491-6330
Academic Support Coordinator
Phone: (970) 491-3464