General Description of Duties:
The Community Programs Director oversees High Country Conservation Center’s (HC3) zero waste, local food and water conservation programs. The Director is responsible for program development and execution, as well as grant writing and fundraising for these programs. The Director manages the Community Programs Coordinator and reports to the Executive Director.
Send cover letter and résumé to Jennifer Schenk at email@example.com by Thursday, June 21 at 5pm. Please include salary expectations in cover letter or email when submitting résumé. No phone calls. Anticipated start date is mid-July.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an environmentally-related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in environmental education or nonprofit work.
- Passion for environmental stewardship.
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record are required.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal and writing skills. Grant research and grant writing experience are preferred.
- Outstanding computer skills (including strong proficiency in Word & Excel) and the aptitude to learn new computer programs quickly.
- Experience in the development, execution, and management of successful programs and projects.
- Established community relationships or ability to develop relationships and partnerships.
- Ability to create, implement and manage budgets.
Position Information and Benefits
The position is full-time, year-round with the following benefits: health insurance, long-term disability insurance, IRA match and paid time off. Schedule is Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm with some weekends and evening events required.