Experience Morocco Fellow Description
Title: Marketing and Business Development Associate
About Experience Morocco: We are a leading provider of curated luxury travels around Morocco. Co-founded by two Moroccans who met while getting their MBAs at Harvard, Experience Morocco has rapidly become the go-to travel planners for Americans looking to visit Morocco. From family reunions to student trips and corporate retreats, we’ve become the trusted partners for a wide range of travelers interested in Morocco, and we look forward to welcoming another Fellow to our growing team!
Position Summary: You will be involved in shaping and executing Experience Morocco’s (EM) sales and marketing campaigns. Your work will involve everything from managing our social media presence to crafting our monthly newsletter, along with assisting the trip sales processes, and more creative efforts to spearhead new channels of business for Experience Morocco. One of the Fellow’s main responsibilities is managing our annual MBA Student Treks from start to finish through the outreach, sales, and on-the-ground phases of the trip. Throughout these various projects, you will have opportunities to think both analytically and creatively, coming up with compelling ideas and executing them.
Qualifications & Competencies / Skills:
● Excellent writing and communication skills (past experience with blogging or other forms of public writing is preferred)
● Project management and organization
● Passion for travel
● Self-motivated and autonomous
● Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
● Ability to work well in a team and with a range of creative people
● Proficiency in French or Arabic
● Photography, graphic design, and social media content creation experience a plus
Fellowship Dates: August 2022 to July 2023
Stipend: 7000 MAD per month, plus one round-trip flight to the US and a $200 travel stipend every three months in order to cover the tourist visa requirements of leaving the country every 90 days.
Please email the following to Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org:
● A copy of your resume, either in .pdf or .doc format
● An essay of maximum 100 words that answers the question: Please briefly list any time you have spent traveling or living in the Middle East and North Africa region, listing year, length, and purpose of stay.
● An essay of maximum 500 words that answers the question: What specific skills and experiences would you bring to the EM Fellow position?
● An essay of maximum 500 words that answers the question: What interests you about living and working in Morocco / the Middle East and North Africa region in particular?
Application deadline: Friday, April 8th, 2022 by midnight EST