#GRADSCHOOLBOUND: Caroline Boyd ‘17

After a year doing research in CC’s Molecular Biology department, Caroline is headed to the University of California – Berkeley to begin her PhD in Microbiology.

I did not know when I came to CC that I would like biological research, but now I know that I love it. I am excited to have the opportunity to conduct research for the next five years! I am looking forward to learning more techniques that we can use to study these nearly invisible microbes that are so ubiquitous.

My advice for CC students as they consider graduate school is to try to talk to people that are currently in graduate school in their field of interest. There are a lot of people you can connect with through the CC network, and they tend to have great advice – most of which is more current than the professors’ here. These people can help you figure out if graduate school is really something you want to pursue and give you tips, help point you in the right direction for what programs to look at, and often can help you get even more contacts.

Congratulations, Caroline!

If you want to be featured with #hired or #gradschoolbound, you can connect with us on:

Facebook: Like our page, then post what you’re up to this summer on our wall with #hired or #gradschoolbound. Include your name, class year, title/company or name of school/program, and a picture!

Instagram: Follow us, then post your picture with the info above and #hired or #gradschoolbound, and tag us @cc_career_center.

Or email us!

Just tell us your title and organization, and why you chose your internship, position, or grad/professional program; what you are most excited about or hoping to learn through this experience; and any advice you have for other CC students as they continue their internship or job search.

Thank you for sharing your plans with us!

Working hard, but not hired yet? Don’t panic—be proactive. We’re here for you! Make an appointment with a coach.