Whether you are interested in non-profit work, academic research, or individual opportunities to further your studies, you will need to know how to ask for funding to support those activities. GS 390: Grant Writing will help you develop these skills needed to write effective grant proposals for three types of grants: 1) proposals for CC student projects, 2) academic research projects, and 3) non-profit organization activities:
– understanding the difference between designing a grant project and writing the grant proposal, and how the two shape each other
– translating a request/call for proposals into an action plan for writing a grant proposal
– deconstructing a model grant to create a template for writing a grant proposal
– managing the grant writing process
– replicating the tone, style, and content appropriate for the proposal’s audience (i.e., the grant funder)
Interested? The adjunct meets blocks 5-8 on Wednesdays, 3:30-4:45pm, in Tutt Library 317. Contact the instructor, Roy Jo Sartin (firstname.lastname@example.org), with any questions!