#HIRED: Anna Smith ‘18

After graduation, Anna will begin her tenure as a Public Affairs Fellow with the Coro Fellows program in St. Louis, Missouri.

I am excited about this opportunity because it’s akin to real-life grad school in that I will constantly be doing experiential learning, challenging myself, and receiving feedback, but in professional situations instead of academic. I look forward to learning about the complexities of a city that is completely new to me—St. Louis.

Advice for CC students looking for employment: use your resources at CC! The Career Center, the grant writing specialist, the fellowship specialist—they are all here to help you, want to help you, and have been trained to help you. I can’t give them enough credit for pushing me and believing in me.

Congratulations, Anna!

If you want to be featured with #hired or #gradschoolbound, you can connect with us on:

Facebook: Like our page, then post what you’re up to this summer on our wall with #hired or #gradschoolbound. Include your name, class year, title/company or name of school/program, and a picture!

Instagram: Follow us, then post your picture with the info above and #hired or #gradschoolbound, and tag us @cc_career_center.

Or email us!

Just tell us your title and organization, and why you chose your internship, position, or grad/professional program; what you are most excited about or hoping to learn through this experience; and any advice you have for other CC students as they continue their internship or job search.

Thank you for sharing your plans with us!

Working hard, but not hired yet? Don’t panic—be proactive. We’re here for you! Make an appointment with a coach.