#HIRED Julia Shepard ’20

After wrapping up her first year at CC, Julia is headed to St. Paul, MN to be a GIS intern at the Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy.

I’m extremely excited about my summer internship because I’ll be working with an organization that is widely regarded as the most innovative and effective environmental organization in Minnesota. I will be collaborating with professional scientific, legal and political staff who have strong expertise in issues I care deeply about such as clean water, natural resources conservation, clean energy and mining. I’m eager to learn more about these issues and further understand what role I wish to play in advocating for these issues (scientific, legal or political). I’m excited to see how this experience will influence the discipline(s) I study at Colorado College, expand my knowledge of some of today’s most pressing issues and compel me to protect the lands of my home state that I care so greatly about.

My advice to students still looking for a job/internship is to think seriously about what type of work they’d like to be doing, what they’d like to learn, and where they’d like to spend their summer. From there, I highly encourage students to fully utilize the amazing resources available at the Career Center. I’m extremely grateful for the help I received at the Career Center and know that my experience this summer would hardly be possible without it!”

Congratulations, Julia!

If you want to be featured with CC #HIRED, you can connect with us on:

Facebook: Like our page, then post what you’re up to this summer on our wall with #HIRED. Include your name, class year, title/company or name of school/program, and a picture!

Instagram: Follow us, then post your picture with the info above and #HIRED, and tag us @cc_career_center.

Or email us!

Just tell us your title and organization, and why you chose your internship, position, or grad/professional program; what you are most excited about or hoping to learn through this experience; and any advice you have for other CC students as they continue their internship or job search.

Thank you for sharing your plans with us!

Working hard, but not hired yet? Don’t panic—be proactive. We’re here for you! Make an appointment with a coach.