#HIRED: Sam Dahnert ‘18

After graduation, Sam will move to Cincinnati to begin working as a General Technician and Assistant Supervisor for the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company.

I chose this position to continue my love for technology and the performing arts, in correlation with my IDM in Technical Performance. I look forward to starting my career in a brand-new city with ample opportunities in the arts for blossoming young professionals such as myself. I’m also very excited to eat Cincinnati’s signature chili!

My advice to CC students looking for jobs is this: The College has scores of opportunities that enable you to pursue your interests, and it’s all yours to experience. I worked on over 140 different performances at the College in pursuit of my love for theatre and film through various departments and student organizations, which in turn led to a half-dozen seasonal freelance jobs in New York and Colorado. Even this job I’m entering now is due, in part, to connections I have made while at the College.

It’s astonishing how far the support of a fellow student, a faculty member or a staff member can get you, so talk to your instructors about professional opportunities, and collaborate with students on projects, both curricular and extracurricular. You are in a unique environment that is incredibly conducive to professional and intellectual growth, and this interconnectivity is an invaluable part of that process.

Congratulations, Sam!

If you want to be featured with #hired or #gradschoolbound, you can connect with us on:

Facebook: Like our page, then post what you’re up to this summer on our wall with #hired or #gradschoolbound. Include your name, class year, title/company or name of school/program, and a picture!

Instagram: Follow us, then post your picture with the info above and #hired or #gradschoolbound, and tag us @cc_career_center.

Or email us!

Just tell us your title and organization, and why you chose your internship, position, or grad/professional program; what you are most excited about or hoping to learn through this experience; and any advice you have for other CC students as they continue their internship or job search.

Thank you for sharing your plans with us!

Working hard, but not hired yet? Don’t panic—be proactive. We’re here for you! Make an appointment with a coach.