Join Kroka’s international group of guides and educators as a full-season expedition leader. Kroka’s wilderness leaders envision, design, and execute programs that have consistent life-changing impacts on children and youth. Our staff live and work in community and practice what they teach. They are visionaries, risk-takers, and role models. They are committed to mastery of their skills and to awakening consciousness and altruistic will in young people.
Kroka Expeditions’ currently looking for wilderness leaders for their upcoming season. Visit www.kroka.org/hiring to learn more and apply, however below are just a few highlights of what Kroka’s seeking.
• Love of teaching and mentoring children and youth: enjoys working with a wide range of ages, with documented and referenced previous teaching experience.
• Previous wilderness expedition experience in remote environments, or an excitement to learn!
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion: demonstrated cultural competence and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Adventure sports expertise in one of Kroka’s adventure sports (such as whitewater paddling, rock climbing,
caving, mountaineering, back-country skiing, mountain biking, surfing, or another adventure sport with similar set of skills.)
• Commitment to personal fitness: working at Kroka is physically demanding and requires a high level of fitness and excellent work ethic. You will be expected to wake early for shared work on the farm and
participate joyously in the strenuous work of living close to the land. You will cook meals over the fire, lift canoes, set climbs on mountainsides and navigate challenging overland routes.
• Commitment to ecologically conscious living and simplified personal needs. Experience living and working in community.
• Professional certifications and education College degree and/or equivalent life experience, and Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Certification.
The following qualifications and skills are a plus, but not required:
• Personal artistic skills: strong singing voice, handwork skills, visual and/or performing arts experience.
• Drivers License: with clean record and experience driving vans and small cargo or canoe trailers.
• International/cultural diversity: experience living, working, and traveling in other countries and cultures.
• Waldorf Training: experience and/or training for working with Waldorf schools and school children.
• Additional Certifications: AMGA SPI, ACA Swiftwater Rescue, Wilderness EMT, etc.
How to apply for a position at Kroka:
The best way is to use this link: APPLY
- Learn about Kroka:
Study our published handbooks, semester blogs, photos & videos
If it is convenient, stop by for a visit!
Speak to any Kroka people (staff/alumni/board members) whom you may know
- Contact Us
We’d love to hear from you. Choose whatever method works best for you:
Send us an email: email@example.com
- .Send us some postal mail:
767 Forest Road
Marlow NH 03456
- Give us a Call: (603) 835-9087