Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Take on tasks as requested, following through to completion despite roadblocks or distractions.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms (i.e. completing a data structures or algorithms class, coursework, course projects, research, individual projects, internships, or other practical experience in/outside of school or work (including open source hobby coding)).
- Software Development experience through hands on coding in a general purpose programming language.
- Must be able to start a full-time role in 2019.
- Experience working with some of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Authorization to legally work in the US.