U.S. Figure Skating, the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of figure skating, located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is accepting applications for the position of Communications Intern. U.S. Figure Skating is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the International Skating Union (ISU).
August – December 2018 (flexible).
Hours per week are flexible with an average of 15-20 working hours per week.
The communications intern is responsible for the completion of the tasks listed herein. Emphasis will be placed on ability to work in a team environment, balance multiple projects and deadlines, accuracy, flexibility and professionalism. Successful candidate will be willing to work occasional nights and weekends with possible travel opportunities.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student with study in sports management, marketing, communications, journalism or related field.
- Passion for sport management, communications, writing and digital media.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Attentive and detail-oriented.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver), content management systems, social media applications (Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube), AP style.
Applicant will be responsible for all housing costs in Colorado Springs or nearby area. This position is not affiliated with the USOC intern program.
Reports to Manager, Digital Content and Fan Engagement
A stipend will be provided; intern is also encouraged to earn college credit hours
Send cover letter, resume and two references to: Sora Hwang, Manager, Digital Content and Fan Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls will be accepted. Review of resumes and applications will begin immediately.