The U.S. Olympic Committee is hiring a full-time, yearlong extern to work on logistics for the 2019 Pan American/Parapan American Games hosted in Lima, Peru, and the 2020 Olympic/Paralympic Summer Games in Tokyo, Japan.
The graduate assistant will work primarily on projects prior to and during the 2019 Pan American/Parapan American Games hosted in Lima, Peru, and assist with preparation projects for the 2020 Olympic/Paralympic Summer Games in Tokyo, Japan as needed. The candidate will report directly to the Logistics Associate Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the coordination of air travel for the U.S. delegation to the Lima 2019 Pan American Games (July-August 2019) including: input all flight information on the USOC air travel manifest spreadsheet and provide daily updates pre-Games and Games-time to a predetermined distribution list (Villages, airport Ops, team processing, security, etc.); input and manage data in the Lima Organizing Committee Arrivals and Departures System, a web-based portal (to be confirmed); create travel templates for each sport/discipline travelling to/from Lima and work with assigned sport team leader for completeness and accuracy; assist in working with United Airlines and functional area leads in creating and tracking USOC staff travel to Lima and return home (as well as capture on the manifest); provide post-Games reconciliation and reporting as requested.
- Assist with NGB and USOC internal Games Planning Strategy (GPS) projects/tasks with emphasis on data entry based on surveys and one-on-one sport meetings.
• Participate in in-depth database (CRM system) training (database) and Tableau (travel reporting tool).
• Attend Games sport planning meetings and/or conference calls and serve as the primary resource for gathering and recording data.
• Update Games sport planning documents in an accurate and timely manner.
- Secondary functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist Logistics division in other project and preparation related to ground transportation, shipping and freight, and event ticket management.
• Assist in the process of providing information, applying for and obtaining travel visas for attendees participating in site visits and identified Games, when required.
- Perform other pre-Games duties as assigned.