Career Peer Interns operate individually and as part of a team, assisting the Career Center Staff in providing comprehensive career services to students and alumni. This position acts as a student liaison in providing peer services and in the promotion of the Career Center’s mission on campus.
What will I do?
- Meet with individual students during Drop In Hours to guide them towards resources, and provide resume and cover letter reviews.
- Attend training sessions to learn how to collaboratively coach students on their resumes, cover letters, and other general career-related questions.
- Facilitate workshops to their peers on campus.
- Propose projects and actively assist Career Center staff with assignments.
- Develop knowledge of career resources and articulate the services provided by the Career Center.
- Answer phones, respond to emails, notify staff of appointments, and direct visitors to appropriate locations.
- Maintain professionalism, including attitude and dress.
Will there be training?
Training for all duties will be progressive and provided. Peer Interns also attend all mandatory blockly staff meetings and professional development training sessions.