What makes the University of Denver’s program unique?
Since 1976, over 4,000 bright and gifted students have graduated from the Publishing Institute–many of whom have found their places in publishing houses large and small throughout the United States and around the world. They can be found at work in every aspect of our business–trade and textbooks, children’s and scholarly books. They are design and production specialists, sales reps and literary agents, editors, marketers, and publishers. The Institute is taught by industry professionals who work at trade, university, textbook, and small independent publishers throughout the country as well as in New York.
Who might be a good fit for our program?
- College graduates seeking their first job in book publishing
- Career-changers interested in opportunities in the field
- Those presently working in publishing who seek a broader view than a specialized job can provide
- Librarians interested in knowing more about the industry that provides them with their books
- Publishers, or students, from abroad who want to find out how it is done in the United States
You can find our viewbook with program information here and you can find a schedule of our upcoming information sessions online.