The United States Olympic Committee Fellowship
Exclusively for CC students
The graduate assistant/extern will work primarily on projects prior to and during the 2020 Olympic/Paralympic Games in Tokyo, Japan. This position will report directly to the Events & Logistics Associate Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assist with the coordination of air travel for the U.S. delegation to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games (July-August 2020) including: input all flight information on the USOC air travel manifest spreadsheet and provide daily updates pre-Games and Games-time to a predetermined distribution list (Villages, airport Ops, team processing, security, etc.); input and manage data in the Tokyo Organizing Committee Arrivals and Departures System, a web-based portal (to be confirmed); create travel templates for each sport/discipline travelling to/from Tokyo and work with assigned sport team leader for completeness and accuracy; assist in working with United Airlines and functional area leads in creating and tracking USOC staff travel to Tokyo and return home (as well as capture on the manifest); provide post-Games reconciliation and reporting as requested.
2. Assist with National Governing Body (NGB) and USOC internal Games Planning Strategy (GPS) projects/tasks with emphasis on data entry based on surveys and one-on-one sport meetings.
· Participate in in-depth database (CRM system) training (database), Concur Locate (Duty of Care) and Tableau (travel reporting tool).
· Attend Games sport planning meetings and/or conference calls and serve as the primary resource for gathering and recording data.
· Update Games sport planning documents in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Secondary functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Assist Events and Logistics division in other projects and preparation related to ground transportation, accommodation, registration, shipping and freight, and event ticket management.
· Assist in the process of providing information, applying for and obtaining travel visas for attendees participating in site visits and identified Games, when required.
4. Perform other pre-Games duties as assigned.