Colorado students need you! Becoming a substitute teacher is an ideal option for:
• College students and graduates
• Individuals between jobs or considering a career change
• Anyone interested in serving their community and its students
Being a substitute is easy and rewarding. Minimum requirements for the 2020-21 Substitute Authorization include:
• A high school diploma or its equivalent
• A fingerprint-based criminal history
• A completed Colorado Department of Education substitute application
Get started on your path to substitute teaching! The application process is easy:
Learn how you can earn money, influence lives, and make a difference! Visit the CDE Step Into Substitute Teaching webpage for resources specific to substitute teaching. You may qualify for the 1-, 3-, or 5-year Substitute Authorization. Visit the CDE Become a Substitute webpage for additional information.
Start subbing with confidence! Sign up for a free, one-on-one advising call with a TEACH Colorado educator coach. Get your questions answered and learn about life in the classroom.
Find out more!