2019 Global Finance & Business Management Analyst Program – Conversations with Women In Accounting (Delaware)-180088919
Conversations with Women in Accounting offers students a first-hand look at what it’s like to work at a leading financial services firm as an Accounting major. We hold a series of events to forge meaningful connections with our women so you can see first-hand what it’s like to work in one of our various functional areas. This event gives students an opportunity to meet female leaders ranging from Analysts to Senior Managers and interview for a Summer Analyst internship program, which will put you on track to join us full-time.
If you like analyzing results and using data to drive decisions, then we have a role for you. The function of Global Finance & Business Management is critical to all facets of the business, dedicated to continually making our business better – strategically, financially and operationally.
You’ll collaborate with our top-tier professionals to influence and shape critical decisions and initiatives that support our businesses across the firm. You’ll have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions while developing your professional expertise in a dynamic team environment.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate solutions for our internal and external stakeholders. We’ll give you what you need to succeed including training, mentoring, access to senior leaders and projects that engage all your skills.
What to expect
This 10-week program delivers in-depth industry training, one-on-one mentorship and hands-on experience. You’ll be placed as a member in one of the finance teams where you’ll work in one of the following functional groups: Business Management, Controller, Financial Analysis, and Project Management. You’ll work on critical initiatives for senior managers, supporting public filings and learning what it takes to close the books for the month or quarter. Top performers may receive a full-time opportunity at the end of the summer program.
- Business Management – Act as a trusted advisor to business and group heads by identifying, escalating and mitigating business risks and optimizing business performance by driving key initiatives.
- Controller – Responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting and controls functions for the organization, including legal entity, financial and regulatory and product valuation.
- Financial Analysis – Create meaningful analysis and reporting in support of our businesses. Coordinate with partners across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, creation, oversight and coordination of budgeting and forecasting.
- Project Management – Contribute to programs that are large scale and comprised of multiple projects and workstreams. Initiatives drive cross line of business or firm-wide agendas for implementation of new regulations, standards or policies.
Locations you may join:
- Newark/Wilmington, DE
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who have a passion for analyses that will help drive strategic business decisions.
This role is a pipeline to our full-time Global Finance & Business Management Analyst Program, which is not eligible for employer immigration sponsorship. If you will require employer immigration sponsorship after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of this summer internship role.
Key skills and interests include:
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of financial statements, accounting procedures, internal and external reporting, and variance analysis
- A well-rounded academic background with an interest in financial management
- All majors considered with a preference for finance and accounting majors
- Excel, PowerPoint and Word proficiency
- Relevant internship experience and leadership in school or community organizations
- Pursuing B.A., B.S. or 5th year M.A. or M.S. with an expected graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
- A well-rounded academic background – minimum required cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
We will review applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled.
Application Deadline: October 14, 2018
Note: If selected to attend the event, you will be considered for a summer internship in the Newark//Wilmington, DE location.
Application Process & Required Attachments:
1) Submit your résumé. Please save as a PDF file and with the following name format: Last Name, First Name – and Resume
2) Ensure your candidate profile and all attachments (resume) are complete before submitting your application, as you will not be able to add attachments after you submit your application.
Notification and Interviews:
If selected to attend, you will be required to travel to our office for the event. If needed, travel will be provided within the continental United States along with hotel accommodations.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran