The Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC is the largest economic development, chamber of commerce and business advocacy organization in southern Colorado. We work with industry leaders, educational institutions, military personnel, government and community agencies and a wide array of community professionals dedicated to developing economic prosperity for our region.
Job Description: Under the general direction of the Chamber & Economic Development team, the Economic Development Intern supports the Chamber & EDC’s economic development projects, programs, and initiatives in the City of Colorado Springs and El Paso County. The Economic Development Intern will increase their knowledge of economic development principles, policies, programs, and practices to support businesses, entrepreneurship, and workforce development. This summer position provides valuable experience for business and community-based careers. Ideal candidate will have an interest in economic development, entrepreneurship, small business, community development, government affairs, marketing, or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably with an interest in Economic Development
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional demeanor and outstanding phone etiquette
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC and service to our members
Applications due by 5pm on April 12, 2019