3rd Tuesday, March 8th, from 3:30-5:00 in Hybl Community Center Classroom
This CCE Changemaker Curriculum workshop invites a panel of local CC alum to share their experience working in public good careers, and advice to CC students interested in careers in the public and nonprofit sectors. Panelists will seek to answer the following questions:
(1) What are some of my options after college? How might I get paid to do work I love?
(2) How can I best use the skills and experiences I have gained through community engagement to help me get the type of job or degree I want?
(3) If I’m not sure what your next steps are, what might I be doing or asking myself right now to help me discern my path?
- Meg Poole ‘10 (Museum Program Coordinator, Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum)
- Nikki Hernandez ‘16 (Outreach Coordinator, Address Confidentiality Program)
- Ruthie Markwardt ’14 (Farm-to-School Coordinator, Flying Pig Farm)
- Sergio Portesan ‘16 (Mentor2.0 Program Coordinator, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Pikes Peak Region)
- Richard Skorman ‘75 (Former City Council President, Owner of Poor Richard’s Restaurant & Bookstore, Rico’s Café, and Little Richard’s Toy Store)
Questions? Email Niki Sosa Gallegos (CCE Community Partnerships Coordinator) at email@example.com.