MotiveAI is a Denver-based startup that builds and manages online political communities, using storytelling and facts to help encourage a more informed, thoughtful, empathetic and motivated electorate.
About the Position
We’re looking for someone who is seeking one of their first jobs in the video world to be an assistant editor, willing to put in the effort to learn from a group of experienced editors and graphic artists. This is an entry level position with plenty of room for growth and real world experience with a team eager to help you learn.
MotiveAI embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We strongly encourage women, people of color, first-generation Americans, new parents, single parents, veterans, people with disabilities, and members of the queer community to apply.
- Supporting the team of editors and graphic artists as they put out social media video content.
- Helping our team keep our files organized and named properly, acting as a backstop to the rest of the team.
- Performing detail oriented tasks, such as tagging, setting up projects, and sourcing video clips.
- Learning the super fun systems of deliverable and asset tracking.
- Seriously, you’ll be doing lots of entry level tasks. Just sayin.
- A working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Premiere, but also After Effects, and Media Encoder. (REQUIRED)
- You know your way around a Windows PC.
- You have an idea what looks good on social platforms, primarily Facebook and Instagram.
- A desire to learn and absorb knowledge from the rest of the creative team.
- A readiness to do the basic tasks, while looking for opportunities to take on bigger and more complex projects.
- An attention to detail, and the willingness to ask questions when the details aren’t clear.
- A design or storytelling background is a plus.
- Ability to both work independently and work well with others and a capability to handle short deadlines.
- The consistent ability to remain flexible, calm under pressure and adaptive to change as priorities shift.