About the Organization:
Clear Creek Land Conservancy was established in 1986 to preserve and protect the open lands in Clear Creek Canyon. Today, we have over 2,000 acres protected with conservation easements in the area, and are looking to expand that number with a few exciting projects in the pipeline. In addition, we are hoping to engage a new, young generation of conservation and environmentally-minded citizens in Denver and Golden.
About the Internship:
We are seeking a dynamic and persistent Intern with a passion for environmental issues who can work in two areas: with our Executive Director to execute event planning and logistics for Brewery fundraiser nights and our annual fundraiser in October, and with our volunteer Board communications team to expand and improve our social media presence on Instagram and Facebook. Students in the College of Media, Communication, and Information with at least 2 years of coursework are encouraged to apply. Students with other areas of study and similar coursework or experience will also be considered.
The intern should have access to a computer and the internet. Estimated 5-10 hours per week.
The intern will be supervised and trained by CCLC’s Executive Director and communications team and will receive evaluation on their work at the midpoint and end of their internship period. Initial orientation and training will be completed in person, but projects may be completed remotely.
In addition to duties listed below, the intern may attend quarterly Board of Directors meetings, visits to our properties, and all events held by CCLC. (Must be 21+ for Brewery nights.)
Ongoing social media responsibilities will include:
- Schedule weekly Instagram and Facebook content using Hootsuite and promote the hashtag #DenversBackyard
- Promote events and annual photography contest as needed
- Grow organic social media following; engage with locals in climbing, biking, hiking, running, fishing, and other communities that regularly use Clear Creek Canyon
- Monthly performance analysis with analytics
- Develop blog post schedule and content to grow web presence
- Update and keep website current
Ongoing events coordination responsibilities would likely include:
- Brewery fundraiser nights
- Annual October fundraiser
The intern will gain hands on experience in non-profit communications and development activities and have the opportunity to help shape CCLC’s public face. This is an unpaid, part-time, internship position to begin as soon as the right candidate is found. We will sponsor for course credit, if requested by the student.