A CC grad (Caroline Alden, Geology ’07) is sharing this amazing job opportunity with for our recent and soon-to-be college graduates! A brief summary of the company and the position are provided below.-Bri Walls, M.A.; Career Consultant | Career Center |Office of the Dean of the College
Environmental Scientist position, in Boulder, CO, LongPath Technologies uses Nobel Prize-winning laser technology to combat climate change by mitigating greenhouse gas emissions from the oil and natural gas supply chain. Our plan to provide over 1,000 mi² of proven, continuous methane emissions monitoring in 2022 led to LongPath being named the Colorado
Photonics Industry Association (CPIA) 2021 Photonics Company of the Year. To support this rapid growth we are looking for key individuals to join our talented, dynamic team. LongPath is a technology startup and, as such, the chosen applicant should understand that working more than 40 hours per week, during evenings, weekends, and holidays, may be required.
LongPath is hiring an Environmental Scientist to assist with statistical and timeseries analysis of emission and atmospheric concentration data as well as ESG metrics. The successful candidate will contribute data crunching, creative analysis and investigation, thoughtful interpretation of results, and preparation of presentation materials for customers, publications, white papers, press releases, and other outreach materials. The successful candidate will be highly capable with data visualization and written communication. The ideal candidate will also contribute environmental policy, regulatory, and/or market analysis.
Key job responsibilities will include:
● Statistical analysis of emission data, pollutant measurements, and meteorological data
● Timeseries analysis of emission data, pollutant measurements, and meteorological data
● Development of ESG reporting tools and metrics
● Preparation of presentation materials, including high-level insights and analysis
● Preparation of written materials, including reports and analysis for website content, white papers, press releases, and regulatory comment
● Bachelors and/or masters’ degree environmental sciences or related field (required)
● Python (ideal) or another programming language
● Experience with high-level and independent data analysis tasks (required)
● Experience with data visualization platforms like Spotfire (ideal)
● Strong organization and strength in maintaining documentation of projects (required)
● Ability to explore data and trends with both deep creativity and independent thinking (required)
● Meticulous attention to detail (required)
● The ability to efficiently multitask (required)
● Comfortable working on time-sensitive tasks while remaining highly organized (required)
● Familiarity or experience with environmental, GHG emissions, and air quality policy (ideal)
To apply, please email Caroline a copy of your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Both Caroline and her organization LongPath look forward to connecting with you!
Visit www.LongPathTech.com to learn more about our vision for reducing greenhouse gas emissions.