Homeward Pikes Peak
The intern is to work with the Executive Director and staff to write or develop stories for the agency to use in external communications (newsletters, fundraising and web/social media). Homeward Pikes Peak is looking for a per-story commitment during the academic year, estimating that each story will take approximately 10 hours.
About the Organization:
Homeward Pikes Peak (HPP) works with individuals to achieve their full potential in recovery and moving towards permanent housing. Every day we house and counsel people struggling with homelessness and addiction because they often have no other options in Colorado Springs. HPP consists of three main programs: Housing First, Harbor House Clinic and Harbor House Residential. HPP started as a collaborative organization in 2002 convening direct service providers, community stakeholders and local leaders to address homelessness and substance abuse. As gaps in services were identified, HPP became a direct service provider. Harbor House Residential began in 2003. Housing First and Harbor House Clinic both started in 2007. HPP remains an active participant in the community planning for solutions for homelessness. We save taxpayers over $2 million per year just in our housing programs by reducing ER visits, 911 calls, detox stays, and psychiatric hospitalizations. We create sober parents, effective employees and individuals with self-sufficiency and dignity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview clients, staff and stakeholders on the importance of our services in the community. Document stories and impact of our work on their lives.
- Create story-telling methods for the agency – writings, videos, audio interviews, etc.
- Work with ED and staff to write a monthly newsletter to share to stakeholders and donors; and develop an annual Report
- Assist with development of Letters to the Editor, articles for newspaper, pitch news stories
- Photograph the agency, clients and community to have images to help tell the story of the work we do
How to apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to Beth Hall Roalstad, MSW, Executive Director at email@example.com
This is an unpaid or volunteer position. During the academic year, we are seeking an approximately 10-hour commitment to complete one story. Students will have materials to add to a portfolio upon completion of each story project. We are also open to considering this as a summer internship opportunity.
See this job posting on SUCCESS.