NSO Workers play a key role in welcoming our new students and their families to campus. They are the first CC representatives that students and their families see on move-in day. The job can be physical – unloading suitcases and boxes from vehicles, loading up moving carts, carrying items up stairs, and delivering student belongings to their residence hall rooms. It is important to act as a guide and a resource throughout the process – chatting with students/families and answering their questions. You must review and be familiar with the NSO schedule, and be able to direct students and families to appropriate on-campus resources.
- Meals will be provided only during working hours (i.e.: breakfast and lunch on move-in days)
- Rate of pay will be $12.32 per hour
Application & Employment Timeline/Checklist
By July 15 – Apply to be a NSO Worker
- RAs and NSO Leaders are not eligible – as they have other commitments that conflict with move-in work time.
- Move-in workers are held to the standards of the Pathfinder and expected to act as a leader and role model during NSO. Therefore, selected move-in workers must be in good standing with the college and all applications will be reviewed by the Conduct and Community Standards office.
- Workers must be able to move into to your on-campus residence early on Tuesday, August 17 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Workers must attend the mandatory training on Tuesday, August 17 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
On July 19 – Notifications sent to NSO Worker Applicants
By July 21 – Accept or Decline NSO Worker Offer
- The Office of Campus Activities will work with Housing and the Residential Experience to coordinate early arrival for move-in workers arriving to live on-campus on Tuesday, August 17
- Workers living off-campus should make their own arrangements for early arrival and housing with their landlords.
By August 13 – Complete Student Employment Paperwork and/or Apply to become a Certified Driver
On August 17 – Move-in & Attend NSO Worker Training at 6 pm
On August 18 & 19 – Work Move-in from 7:45 – 5 pm Each Day
August 20 – 28
- Students who applied to work throughout NSO will have shifts (~3-5 hours a day) to check students in for breakout sessions and other NSO related duties such as setting up and staffing events