Hello, parents of CC Tigers! As we welcome a new school year, there are plenty of ways that you can support your student’s professional development – no matter how busy their schedule is.
If your student has an hour, encourage them to:
- Participate in a Career Center workshop (advertised here, through our blog, and our newsletters!)
- Join a campus organization or seek a leadership opportunity
- Create a resume and have it reviewed by our staff
If they have 30 minutes, encourage them to:
- Complete their profile on Handshake, our new jobs and internships platform, and familiarize themselves with searching for jobs and making Career Center appointments
If they have 15 minutes, encourage them to:
- Stop into Drop-In Hours at the Career Center to ask a quick question, no appointment needed (these are great for resume reviews!)
- Create a profile on Tiger Link and reach out to alumni working in fields they’re interested in
If they have 30 seconds, encourage them to:
- Sign up for weekly Career Center newsletters to receive emails about career fairs, Career Center events, job and internship postings, and more!