Description FirstBank is committed to participating in a Pre-Career Development Program by providing Interns with the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and experience in the retail banking field. We are looking to fill 35 internship positions across the State of Colorado. The Retail Banking Internship is an 8-12 week foundational program for individuals interested in pursuing careers in retail banking. The overall design of the program allows an intern to return for a second year if they are still in school. Over the course of an Intern’s training at FirstBank, he or she will obtain hands-on experience in a bank. Interns will initially learn the role of a branch teller and will build their knowledge to get a high-level overview of lending and management.
Throughout the program, Interns will be given the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Development of interpersonal skills and decision-making capabilities of retail banking are all integral parts of the program. The internship will allow for the application of knowledge and skills in real life professional situations involving both co-workers and the public. It is FirstBank’s goal to provide a valuable and rewarding experience to our College Interns.
Successful retail interns will be eligible to apply for the FirstBank Management Training Program which begins after graduation. The Management Training Program is a six month program that prepares individuals for an officer role within the bank. After completion of the program, individuals are promoted to a Banking Officer role within FirstBank.
Additional Professional Development Activities Include:
- Professional Development: Interns are exposed to professional etiquette training and development on Intern Etiquette Day.
- Intern Community Give Back Day: Interns are offered the opportunity to give back to the community as a team of interns.
- Intern Rockies Game: We know how hard our interns work daily, so to break away from business casual attire, we book a suite at the Rockies game where our interns can get to know each other and cheer on the Rockies together.
- Intern Project: Interns are placed in groups and given a problem to solve for the business. They present their findings in front of their peers and in front of leadership from the bank. This allows interns to continue to grow and build their public speaking skills.
- Culture: We have a collaborative, fun culture with great people! Come find out for yourself what you love about FirstBank!
- Salary – Starting at $14.50 per hour
Current full-time college students seeking a business degree, who will have completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate studies at the start of the internship or MBA students with preference to the following concentrations: Management, Finance, Accounting, and Marketing. Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Work is performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels and light to heavy traffic.
An individual in this position:
•Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
•Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
•Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
•Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
•Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
•Constantly communicates with third parties, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
•Must be able to exchange accurate information
Interested? Apply Here!
Make sure your application includes the following in order to be considered for the internship:
• Complete the application in its entirety
• Attach a current resume