Are you looking for medical experience before applying to professional or graduate school? If you are interested in a career in a medical field then our Medical Scribe and Assistant position may be the perfect fit for for you.
Dr. Joseph Hegarty of Colorado Springs Ear Associates is seeking a new graduate who is interested in learning more about medicine prior to starting the next phase of their healthcare career. At Colorado Springs Ear Associates you will experience all aspects of medical practice including diagnosis and treatment, surgery, practice management and providing excellent patient care. And as a sub-specialty practice you will be exposed to a wide range of conditions, from common ailments to rare syndromes and congenital disorders.
As his medical scribe and assistant, you will work side by side with Dr. Hegarty during patient office visits. Your duties will include:
- preparing for each visit by reviewing the patient’s medical history, imaging and lab results
- transcribing clinical notes during the exam
- developing an initial plan and impression for each clinical encounter
- assisting Dr. Hegarty with office procedures
- planning and scheduling surgical cases
- answering patient inquiries regarding their care
The ideal candidate for this position is:
- a recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree in biology, pre-med, nursing or a related discipline
- interested in a career in medicine or healthcare
- planning to attend a professional school or graduate program in a healthcare field
- proficient with computers, preferably with iOS and Mac OS
- an excellent communicator who is compassionate, understanding and comfortable with patients
- bright, energetic and highly motivated to succeed
- available to start this position in May/June 2018
Compensation includes a competitive salary, medical insurance, 401k retirement plan and paid time off. To apply for this position please include in an email your CV, your GPA and a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and how it will further your career goals. We look forward to hearing from you.