In addition to offering classes, five Half Block instructors will also give campus-wide access to their expertise. They will be Professionals in Residence over Half Block and will offer lunches, one-on-one conversations, and extra programming related to their industries.
The schedule is below:
- “An alternative plan to a career in journalism and navigating a changing media landscape”: Lunch session with Abigail Edge (Rolling Stone), Josiah Hesse (VICE, writer in residence at Hunter S. Thompson’s Owl Farm), and Corey Hutchins (Columbia Journalism Review, Colorado Independent)
- January 10, 12:15pm at the Hybl Community Center
- “Why the world of advertising and marketing desperately needs you”: Dinner with Millie Olson, founder of Amazon Advertising
- January 10, 6pm at the Career Center; we will walk to dinner at Dale Street Bistro
- Please RSVP so we know to expect you for dinner. Seats are limited.
- One-on-one conversations with consultant Dr. Kevin Boeh
- January 11, 1:00pm-3:30pm at the Career Center
- Sign up here
- “Practical creativity that leads to the job market”: Session with freelance writer Anne Braatas on using improve theatre techniques to open oneself to professional opportunities in the gig economy
- January 16, 1:00pm in Tutt Library 105
- One-on-one conversations with Canadian novelist Andrew Pyper
- January 17, 1:30pm-3:30pm at the Career Center
- Sign up here.
Please RSVP to all events. Sign up for a one-on-one conversation with Kevin here, and sign up for a one-on-one conversation with Andrew Pyper here.
3 thoughts on “Professionals in Residence this Half Block”
Pingback: Half Block Kicks Off 2018 • President Jill Tiefenthaler's Blog
Pingback: Dinner 6pm today: “Why the world of advertising and marketing desperately needs you” | CC Career Chronicles
Pingback: 1/16: Improv Techniques, the Job Market, and You | CC Career Chronicles