TMC Design in Colorado Springs, Colorado is seeking a software engineer intern for the upcoming academic year.
- The candidate will work closely with Software Engineers, System Engineers, Software Developers, and Program Managers to support the designing, modifying, developing, coding and implementation of software programming for networks, operating systems, databases and applications. Potential programming areas include:
- Database querying
- Other programming as required
- Support, install, and troubleshoot software.
- Support, assemble, and install computer hardware.
- Support the purchasing of computer hardware and other equipment.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Clearance- Ability to receive and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance is required. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, TMC Design will only consider applicants who have the ability to receive and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance.
- Education- Applicant must currently be pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in:
- Computer Science
- Other Engineering or related Technical Degree (Note: TMC Design will review the Applicant’s resume and determine if the Degree the Applicant is pursuing meets the requirements of the position.)
- Be a self-motivator who can work independently, has the ability to learn quickly, and can meet deadlines
- A current US Security clearance is desired. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Experience with developer tools like git, TFS, and Visual Studio IDE
- Experience using relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience in GPU programming, CUDA, Open CL, Java, MySQL, modeling and simulation
- Able to effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Able to work in an agile development environment
- Have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Hourly rate determined by:
- Level of expertise
- Years of experience
Interns will set their own flexible schedule during our business hours from 7:30-4:30pm, Monday-Friday. The maximum number of hours interns may work in a week is 39; 20 hours or more are preferred.
Send resumes to email@example.com.