The Sophomore Diversity Leaders Internship program (SDLI) provides a highly select group of Black, African American, Hispanic, Latino, and/or Native American undergraduate students first-hand experience with consulting at McKinsey & Company.
Candidates who are currently college sophomores at U.S. universities are eligible to apply.
As part of this unique program, Diversity Sophomore Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Miami, Minneapolis, Montreal, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Stamford, Toronto, or Washington D.C., or with Digital McKinsey (all locations).
- Gain real-world experience with the broad range of work McKinsey consultants do, including serving clients as well as helping to build McKinsey’s internal knowledge and capabilities
- Build critical new skills within a training program specifically designed for the SDLI program
- Participate in a number of social activities throughout the summer to help them get to know our Firm culture, interact with other summer interns, as well as members of our diversity communities
Ideal candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Sophomores who plan to graduate in the spring of 2020
- Strong commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth
- Outstanding academic performance and an aptitude for analytics
- Initiative-taking and leadership skills in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
- Resourceful, intellectually curious, empathetic, poised, high energy and mature
- Genuine interest in a business and find problem solving exhilarating
- Enjoy working in teams
Our application process is very simple. All we require is a current copy of your resume and an unofficial copy your transcript. Please submit your application via the appropriate link below by the deadline listed. Once submitted, your application will then be routed to the appropriate office recruiter based on the locations you preference in your online application. From there, we will reach out to you directly to coordinate next steps if there is a need and a fit.