Position Title: Manager of Digital Content & Design
Department: Marketing, Communications & Brand
Background: USA Ultimate is the national governing body for the sport of ultimate in the U.S. and member of the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USPOC). Our mission is to advance the sport of ultimate in the United States by enhancing character, community and competition. USA Ultimate is a membership-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that consists of 61,000+ individual members and affiliated organizations across the U.S. with a goal of increasing access to, and participation in, the sport of ultimate with an emphasis on expanding diversity, ensuring inclusion and youth development.
Position Summary: USA Ultimate is seeking a creative, dynamic, talented and highly motivated individual to join its marketing, communications and brand team in Colorado Springs, Colo. This position will work closely with senior leadership, headquarters staff and community volunteers to plan, manage, design and create content for its digital marketing and social platforms. The successful candidate will oversee various campaigns specifically targeted at both external and internal audiences as part of USA Ultimate’s digital marketing and communications growth strategy. This person will be fluent in all things digital/social. The successful candidate will be able to leverage both existing and future organizational assets to effectively increase awareness and participation in the sport of ultimate, paying attention to diverse audiences and outlets, and promote USA Ultimate properties, including events, programs and U.S. National Teams.
Create and Execute
• Lead the production and strategic distribution of multimedia content to drive awareness of USA Ultimate’s brand and properties – including events, programs and teams – and its athletes.
• Conceive, produce, edit and distribute original high-quality multimedia assets for regular consumption by targeted audiences, including but not limited to, video, motion graphics, static graphics and other engaging and shareable content.
• Use USA Ultimate brand guidelines and style guide to create consistent design elements for the organization’s #LiveUltimate and other marketing campaigns.
• Edit video content, including highlight clips and reels, using raw footage from USA Ultimate events.
• Create stylized photo edits of still images.
• Manage relationships with a diverse pool of external content contributors, including contractors and volunteers.
• Collaborate with internal teams to develop narratives consistent with the organization’s mission, core values and strategy, including our commitment to further diversifying the sport.
• Create content that highlights and promotes existing diversity in ultimate and encourages more diverse participation in the sport.
• Enhance and maintain USA Ultimate’s social media presence.
• Coordinate email, social media and other digital marketing campaigns.
• Assist in the planning and execution of digital marketing projects.
• Contribute to the maintenance of USA Ultimate’s website, www.usaultimate.org, including publishing/formatting of content and managing the flow of updates.
• Utilize analytics tools to plan, execute and measure the effectiveness of targeted digital marketing, communications and advertising campaigns.
• Measure and report performance of all digital campaigns and assess against goals (ROI & KPIs).
• Identify and evaluate trends and insights for emerging social and digital platforms and technologies.
• Brainstorm new and creative growth opportunities designed to increase the participation in ultimate (with an emphasis on expanding diversity, ensuring inclusion and youth development) and raise awareness of USA Ultimate properties and values.
• *Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro and After Effects (or Final Cut Pro instead of Premiere Pro for video editing).
• Professional experience producing visual content, including but not limited to, video, motion graphics, static graphics, animation, etc., around news media and promotional content.
• Experience directing, producing and editing multimedia projects using industry standard software, including but not limited to, images, sound, voice-over, music and computer-generated effects.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing demands while maintaining the ability to execute against hard deadlines.
• Ability to collaborate in a team setting with a diverse group of teammates.
• Organizational skills and the ability to multitask, prioritize and execute competing assignments.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in completing a wide range of projects.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Sophisticated understanding of video/photojournalism and how to use content to create a compelling narrative.
• Knowledge of analytics tools, e.g. Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends.
• Highly creative with experience in identifying specific audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, inspire and motivate.
• Passion and ability to reach diverse audiences through social media.
• Ability to manage a team of volunteers and contractors.
• Experience with or knowledge of ultimate and/or other sports.
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
• Technical and marketing minded.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Passion for engaging and supporting people of diverse identities.
• Ability to demonstrate USA Ultimate’s core values: Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Leadership and Teamwork.
• Ability to travel and work non-traditional hours, including weekends and holidays (travel includes events and conferences).
• Ability to work outside in varying conditions for long periods of time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, Communications, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience
Compensation: This is a full-time, exempt salaried position located at USA Ultimate’s headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo. USA Ultimate offers a competitive compensation package consistent with Colorado-based nonprofit organizations and national governing bodies of amateur sport. Benefits include:
• Full-time, exempt salaried position located at USA Ultimate headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo. Starting salary range: $50,000 – $60,000/year based on qualifications and experience.
• Medical, dental and vision plan (at no cost to the employee).
• Eligible to participate in retirement savings program after receiving at least $5,000 in pay stubs with new enrollment at beginning of each calendar year.
• Limited relocation allowance for candidates not currently located in Colorado Springs.
• Attractive PTO package, including vacation and holidays.
Application Process: Please send a résumé, cover letter, website and/or digital design portfolio as part of your application to:
SUBJECT: Application for Manager of Digital Content & Design
In your cover letter, please describe your qualifications for and/or relevant experience to, this position and how you will contribute to USA Ultimate’s equity, diversity and inclusion efforts, specifically within this role.
Preferred submission by April 30. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and remain open until filled.
USA Ultimate provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
USA Ultimate strives to increase its workforce diversity. Applicants of color, women, individuals with disabilities, applicants from low-income backgrounds, and LGBTQIA+ applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
USA Ultimate Digital Content Design- Job Opportunity (4/30 deadline)
Position Title: Manager of Digital Content & Design