Want People to Accept Your LinkedIn Requests? Use These 10 Templates

written by Aja Frost
Re-posted from The Muse

This morning, when I logged into LinkedIn, I had nine connection requests waiting for me. Some were from recruiters, some were from total strangers, some were from fellow writers, and some were from old classmates—but they all said the exact same thing:

“I’d like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.”

It baffles me that everyone isn’t customizing their invitations—but in fact, very few people do. Those 300 characters can have a big impact, though: If you’re connecting with someone you know well, it’s a great opportunity to say something nice and reinforce the relationship. If you’re connecting with someone you don’t know well, it’s a great opportunity to remind him or her how you met. If you’re connecting with someone you don’t know at all, it’s your only opportunity to convince him or her to accept.

However, maybe your problem isn’t finding motivation—it’s finding what to say. That’s why I’ve created 10 templates for LinkedIn invitations, so no matter who you’re connecting with, you’ll have the right words. (Of course, you’ll need to adapt them to your own situation.)

READ MORE