Communications Interns operate individually and as part of a team assisting the Career Center Staff in providing comprehensive career services to students and alumni. This position acts as student liaison in the media promotion of the Career Center’s mission on campus.
What will I do?
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Fellow to work on projects and programs
- Have an interest in graphic design, brand management, social media, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), or web design, and promote the Career Center using these strategies
- Effectively research and reach out to alumni and speakers for programs hosted by the Career Center
- Develop knowledge of career resources and articulate the services provided by the Career Center
- Answer phones, respond to emails, notify staff of appointments, and direct visitors to appropriate locations
- Maintain professionalism, including attitude and dress
Will there be training?
Training for all duties will be progressive and provided. Peer Interns also attend all mandatory blockly staff meetings and professional development training sessions.