While you may be saying “Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know all this.” Vault presents some of the tried and true resume tips that bears repeating. As you work on your latest resume update, make sure you are still on track.
by Lisa Rangel | June 08, 2017
re-posted from Vault
Writing a resume that gets results is critical in landing job interviews. And you have to know what to include as well as exclude in order to make your resume great. So here are 11 things to avoid when writing your resume.
1. Don’t make your resume unnecessarily long.
2. Don’t leave it to the reader to figure out what you do.
3. Don’t forget to make your resume searchable.
4. Don’t be vague.
5. Don’t use a list of tasks.
6. Don’t be passive.
7. Don’t use pronouns.
8. Don’t miss typos and grammatical mistakes.
9. Don’t only write for the ATS (application tracking system).
10. Don’t be plain.
11. Don’t make it all about you.
READ MORE detail on each of these 11 tips in the full article.