Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Our Investment Operations group has approximately 800 associates globally, supporting core components of the investment process and growth of the business through optimized, durable and scalable processes designed to achieve our company’s long-term objectives.
Our Summer Associate Program aims to provide an experience that mirrors the life of a full-time associate with respect to workload, responsibilities and expectations. As a Summer Associate based in Norfolk, you will work with other associates on meaningful projects and daily production work that directly support the investment operations process, while giving you exposure to multiple areas of the group.
What you may do:
- Perform all necessary checks and controls to ensure the integrity of financial data for our products
- Ensure accurate and timely calculation and distribution of fund net asset values and income distributions for daily priced funds
- Support investment professionals through transaction processing and settlement
- Maintain the funds’ books and records and ensure calculation of the funds’ prices and distributions
- Build and maintain data records for all equity, fixed income and derivative instruments used to facilitate trading, compliance, accounting, reporting and research
- Provide timely and representative equity and fixed income prices and foreign exchange rates; verify corporate actions are reflected in market prices
Who we’re looking for:
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, in junior standing
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- You have an interest in pursuing a career in financial services
- You have demonstrated leadership in extra-curricular activities
- You express ideas effectively and interact professionally with others
- You are a continuous learner, with a hunger for knowledge
- You are highly collaborative
What a summer at Capital offers you:
- 10 weeks of robust summer programming, including challenging and meaningful project work
- Competitive compensation
- Access to senior business leaders
- A network of influential colleagues and thought leaders
- Collaborative and genuinely supportive work environment
- Opportunity to participate in community service events