The ZoZo Group is hiring a PR Specialist. In their own words:
We are a growing, award winning, marketing and public relations agency and we are seeking a great communicator to add to our team.
If you enjoy a challenging environment, working around other hard-working people and you have exceptional written and verbal communication skills then we have a great part-time opportunity for you. We do a lot of job sharing and team projects. We need a friendly, hands-on, detail oriented, jump in and get it done type of person. We are seeking a part-time Public Relations (PR) Specialist, with a positive demeanor, who doesn’t mind being on the road driving around the state.
Our Public Relations projects take us all over the state of Colorado. Office time in our Denver office should be expected twice a week; in Pueblo once a week and Colorado Springs once a week. The ideal candidate lives in the Colorado Springs area and is willing to commute to project sites 3 days a week. After starting the job, first two weeks in Denver are required.
The Specialist works with a team to support the agency’s clients and Public Information manager. We write a lot of AP style press releases, traffic notices and web site content.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or English.
- Be available 5 days a week, from 8-3 pm. Approx. 35 hrs.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be dependable and self-motivated to do quality work.
- Be over the age of 25 for driving insurance requirements.
- Have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed in this role:
- Have at least 2 years of experience in an office environment and at least a year (1) of copy-writing and editing of written materials for publication such as articles, newsletters and web sites. Experience with AP style and guidelines are a necessity.
- Be computer and internet savvy.
- Be customer centric, detail and solution oriented.
- Be time conscious, sensitive to deadlines and organized.
- Confidence with public speaking, presenting and the ability to carry yourself with professionalism.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) especially mail merges.
- Have a basic understanding of collateral design processes, target audiences and demographics.
- Taking accurate meeting notes/minutes.
Compensation and other “nice to have”s:
- It is a part-time, hourly position paying $13-15 per hour, direct deposit available
- Collaborative, supportive work environment
- Respect and appreciation for a work/life balance
- Opportunities for growth within a small marketing agency
- Exposure to large government clients
- Solid work experience you can build upon
- Access to company car for work related travel
- Company cell/mobile phone
- Paid – Personal time off
- Paid – Sick time
- Retirement fund matching
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are also awfully picky because we have a great team and we are on a mission to add to its greatness.
Send your resume and cover letter by email or fax. Attn: PIO Co Springs. If your email goes through, you will receive an automated response from us.
No phone calls please!
Fax: 720 949 2021
About ZoZo Group:
Founded in 2003, ZoZo Group is a Denver based, woman owned, dynamic marketing agency. Public information management, community outreach and strategic marketing are specialties of ours. We work with construction companies on CDOT and municipal road repair projects. More information can be found on our website.