Deadline is September 20, 2021
Partners Capital is diverse and inclusive, in people and in thought. Our meritocracy is enabled by fostering a truly inclusive and collaborative culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diverse perspectives, backgrounds and experiences are valued.
Position Description The Investment Analyst will be a key part of teams that manage multi-asset class client portfolios or research investment opportunities for our clients. Based on a candidate’s interest and the needs of the Firm, the Analyst will primarily focus on either (1) Portfolio Management or (2) Asset Manager Research, as described below. Regardless of the area of focus, the Investment Analyst is expected to gain exposure to our full investment process and develop an understanding of all parts of the business. The Investment Analyst will also be expected to contribute to broader Firm development through participation in specific projects or initiatives. As a rapidly growing business, we seek new team members who are dynamic and comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Portfolio Management: Investment Analysts focused on Portfolio Management will work in teams of three to six people to specify, develop and execute our clients’ investment strategies. This role will involve, among other things:
- Setting and continuously developing a long-term asset allocation strategy
- Recommending manager additions and redemptions based on client goals and constraints, macro conditions and/or updated diligence
- Ongoing monitoring and management of portfolio exposures
- Producing materials for client meetings to report on investment performance and discuss investment strategy
Asset Manager Research: Investment Analysts focused on Asset Manager Research will be responsible for:
- Researching investment opportunities
- Conducting due diligence on asset managers who, once approved through our investment process, would deploy our clients’ capital
- Displaying a high level of maturity and gravitas, as the role involves exposure to some of the most seasoned and respected asset managers in the world
Over time, the Investment Analyst would be expected to develop one ore more specialist areas of expertise, maintain relationships with manager and identify and sponsor new investments.
Other: In addition to the above, the Investment Analyst will take on other activities and projects that contribute to the broader development of the Firm, which might include: researching and improving our portfolio construction knowledge and approach, assisting with business development, or developing our technological capabilities.
- Demonstrated interest in Finance
- Undergraduate degree with a strong track record of academic achievement
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment
- Intellectually curious and a team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the business