Closes: 5/27/2021 4:00 PM Mountain
The City of Colorado Springs is seeking an intern for the Communications Department.
Normal work week is Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (with some weekend hours). Hours will be flexible and approximately 15-20 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions:
- Write press releases
- Assist with website and social media
- Assist with writing, producing, recording and on-air for Springs TV
- Assist with City Events (some weekends) which includes photography
- Assist with general administration and office duties
- Assist with media calls and answering Communications Dept. phone
- Assist with compiling media coverage for daily staff distribution
- Ability to handle duties with a high degree of accuracy
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Dependable and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent Oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment
Successful candidate will be:
- A current, full-time junior, senior, or graduate student seeking a degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Administration or related field (**posting looks to require “student status” so consider your class level after completion of Block 8, 2021)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
Ideal candidates will also have:
- An interest in the City of Colorado Springs and its long-term physical development, existing and future communities, and connectivity to the greater Pikes Peak region
NOTE: This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Apply to Join Our Team:
- Please visit Colorado Springs Jobs and click on ‘Apply for a City Career’ > ‘City Career Postings – Apply Now’ button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
- Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
- Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position’s closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
The City’s job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions can be found on the website.
You can view the status of your application here.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to coloradosprings.gov/jic