PIFP Fellow Spotlight: Learn more about 2017-2018 Fellows

Want to learn more about the students and alumni that make up the 2017-2018 class of PIFP Fellows? Check out the stories and videos below to hear from Fellows in their own words.

Emelie Frojen ’17: Yearlong Fellow for Conservation Colorado

Why did you choose to do a PIFP fellowship over other opportunities you had?

“The number one reason I chose to take PIFP fellowship was to work with organization I am partnered with: Conservation Colorado. The opportunity to do meaningful work at the largest environmental group in Colorado was one I couldn’t pass up.”

Read more from Emily’s Spotlight.

Ethan Greenberg ’20: Summer Fellow for the National Conference of State Legislatures

What did you do for your organization this summer?

“I focused primarily on researching school governance, school principals, and higher education financing and policy. In addition, I conducted bill tracking of recent state legislation relating to those topics.”

See a video Ethan made about his fellowship.

Siqi Wei ’17: Summer Fellow for Catamount Institute

“I worked as an environmental educator and facilitated the implementation of a variety of summer camps. I designed two lesson units at the beginning of this summer and taught them on a weekly basis. In terms of logistics, I participated in staff meetings every weekday and prepared teaching materials prior to each camp. I also utilized Catamount resources to contact previous Public Interest Fellows to strengthen the connections among environmental educators.”

See a video Siqi made about her fellowship.

Want to learn more about the 2017-2018 PIFP Fellows? Check out the PIFP Spotlight on the Fellows page, or read about each Fellow on the Meet the Fellows page.

Want to become a PIFP Fellow? The 2018-2019 fellowships will be posted on the PIFP website by the end of November. Check the Become a Fellow page then for updates!