Investment Banking Analyst
SLATE is hiring an investment banking analyst who will work directly with the firm’s Analysts, Associates, Directors, and Managing Partners on a variety of projects. We operate in a highly collaborative environment where successful candidates can demonstrate initiative and teamwork, strong writing and technical skills, and an alignment with SLATE’s corporate culture. Candidates will assist in the following duties:
- Company-specific and general industry research
- Valuation analysis and financial modeling
- Preparation of pitch presentations
- Writing and preparation of marketing materials
- Prospective buyer research and analysis
- Due diligence coordination and organization
- General client assistance and team support
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and able to communicate effectively. Other qualifications include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- Strong GPA performance
- 0 – 2 years investment banking or related finance experience (e.g., accounting, valuation, commercial banking, trading, etc.)
- Results-oriented: Strong initiative, accountability, and willingness to take ownership & drive projects to completion
- Excellent written communication: Experience producing analytical and marketing-based written content (e.g., pitches, information memorandums, teasers, industry white papers)
- Outstanding verbal communication: Logically distill data, think critically, and present findings in a concise manner
- Superior organizational and time management: Successfully managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail: Continually delivering error-free work products
- Advanced financial analysis: Understanding of or experience modeling the four valuation methodologies (i.e., DCF, LBO, public comps, private comps)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook highly preferred
- Internship experience within investment banking is not required but is beneficial
- Experience with CapitalIQ is not required but is beneficial
- Previous experience working either directly for companies in the building materials and building services industries, or working on M&A transactions in these industries is not required but is beneficial
- Preference for candidates with ties to the Colorado area
At SLATE Partners, we value strong work ethic and reward team members with ample professional development opportunities within our growing organization. Our nimble structure allows team members to work on a variety of tasks and have access to senior deal professionals and clients from early on in their careers. Our corporate culture offers an inclusive and entrepreneurial environment and an approach to investment banking that melds best practices from Wall Street with quintessential Colorado values.
Please provide both a cover letter and resume detailing your qualifications to Currey Cornelius at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, this posting is also available on Handshake at the following link:
About SLATE Partners
SLATE Partners is a boutique investment banking firm with the exclusive mission to provide mergers and acquisitions advisory services to building materials and building services companies nationwide. This includes manufacturers, distributors, and producers of both natural and manufactured building materials, as well as building services companies such as architects, engineers, consultants, specialty contractors, and facilities services providers.
Securities offered through M&A Securities-Group, Inc. (MAS). SLATE Partners and MAS are not affiliated entities.
|200 Columbine Street, Suite 650, Denver, Colorado 80206|