The following may be of interest to members of the Colorado Classics Association (CCA):
- Colorado Classics Day, open to middle and high school students, will happen Saturday, September 25. As last year, it will be held via Zoom.
- Here is a link to the full schedule of events.
- The CCA will be holding its Fall Meeting on Saturday, October 9 via Zoom from 10-11:30am.
- Here is the link for the meeting. The agenda can be found here and here is a link to the proposed revised CCA constitution that we will be discussing.
- We are very pleased to announce that Serena Witzke of Wesleyan will deliver a talk at the meeting entitled: “Everything You Like Is Bad”: Concrete Strategies for Confronting, Interrogating, and Teaching Violence and Oppression in Our Texts.
- Applications for the 2021 Awards for Excellence in Teaching at the Precollegiate Level from the Society for Classical Studies (SCS) are due November 1.
- SCS membership is not required but candidates must be nominated.
- This excellent opportunity provides each winner with $500; airfare and lodgings for either the SCS annual meeting, ACL Institute or CAC meeting; and $200 towards educational supplies.
- Colorado’s own Lynn LiCalsi (Fairview High School, Boulder) was one of three winners in 2020!
- Nominations for the Kraft Award for Excellence in Secondary School Teaching from the Classical Association of the Middle West and South (CAMWS) are due November 15.
- Applicants must be nominated and be members of CAMWS. Application materials are due December 20.
- Winners receive $500, plus airfare and lodging for the CAMWS annual meeting.
- Nominations for the 2022 CCA Teacher of the Year Award are being accepted through January 1, 2022. Follow this link for more information or click here for the nomination form.
- All candidates must be nominated and members of the CCA.
- Nominations remain active for three years.
- The CCA plans to hold its spring meeting Saturday, April 30 on the CU Boulder campus.
Please also see the events calendar of the CU Boulder Classics Department for information about academic talks related to ancient Greece and Rome.
Last updated August 2021.