The following may be of interest to members of the Colorado Classics Association:
- We, the Colorado Classics Association (CCA), are holding elections in fall for all of our officers except the college / university-level co-president. Ballots have been sent out via the CCA mailing list and one may also vote at our upcoming fall meeting (see next item). Voting is open to all members in good standing. See here for how to join the mailing list and pay dues to the CCA.
- The CCA will be holding its Fall Meeting via Zoom on Saturday, September 26 at 10am MT. Information about connecting to the meeting will be forthcoming.
- Colorado Classics Day, an educational outreach event open to middle and high-school students with speakers and activities, will be held online via Zoom this year on Saturday, October 3 from 10am to 2:30pm.
- See our page here for further information, including a preliminary schedule of events.
- Applications for the 2020 Awards for Excellence in Teaching at the Precollegiate Level from the Society for Classical Studies (SCS) are due October 15.
- SCS membership is not required but candidates must be nominated.
- This excellent opportunity provides each winner with $500, airfare and lodgings for either the SCS annual meeting or ACL Institute, and $200 towards educational supplies.
- Colorado’s own Amy Rosevear (Cherry Creek High School, Greenwood Village; 2019 CCA Teacher of the Year) was one of last year’s three winners.
- Nominations for the Kraft Award for Excellence in Secondary School Teaching from the Classical Association of the Middle West and South (CAMWS) are due November 15.
- Applicants must be nominated and be members of CAMWS. Application materials are due December 20. Winners receive $500.
- Colorado’s own Lynn LiCalsi (Fairview High School, Boulder; 2015 CCA Teacher of the Year) won the award for 2019.
- Nominations for the 2021 CCA Teacher of the Year Award are being accepted through January 1, 2021. Follow this link for more information or click here for the nomination form.
- All candidates must be nominated and members of the CCA.
- Nominations remain active for three years.
Please also see the events calendar of the CU Boulder Classics Department for information about academic talks related to ancient Greece and Rome.
Last updated September 2020.