- Oakland, CA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
The Position: GreenBiz is seeking a Business Development Associate to help accelerate GreenBiz’s strategic growth.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Directly sell digital and event sponsorship products to marketing, communications and sustainability leaders at small/mid-sized companies
- Support the Account Executive team in selling to their accounts which primarily include large companies
- Lead outbound email and phone-based outreach campaigns to target, qualify and schedule calls for the sales and leadership team
- Respond to inbound inquiries, qualify and schedule calls with prospects
- Develop event sponsorship and online media proposals in collaboration with sales team
- Maintain and manage Salesforce.com activities including updating contacts, accounts, opportunities, leads and developing reports
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage sales inventory including writing product descriptions and proposal language
- Oversee Salesforce, Linkedin and Marketo administration duties including management of product catalogue, creation of custom views, run reports
- Coordinate closely with marketing, customer success, content and other related teams
- Develop monthly financial forecasting reports, monthly closed business and pipeline reports in collaboration with the finance team
- Track and analyze competitive market share and industry events
- 2-5 years experience in sales, marketing, customer success or related role
- Tech-savvy and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful, self-starter who is eager to prospect new sales opportunities, nurture leads and close business
- Well organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask while taking direction from multiple people
- Customer centric with an understanding of customer objectives
- Passionate about the mission of GreenBiz which aims to build and empower communities to confront the threats of climate change
- BA or equivalent preferred
About GreenBiz Group:
GreenBiz Group is a media and events company that accelerates the just transition to a clean economy. Through events that galvanize, stories that amplify, peer networks that bond and industry-leading analysis, we define markets and advance opportunities at the intersection of business, technology and sustainability. We are a passionate team of people that builds and empowers communities to confront the threats of climate change and solve the thorniest challenges of our time.
GreenBiz offers a culture that is collaborative, hardworking, and fun. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Oakland, California, just steps away from the 12th St. Oakland City Center BART and AC Transit lines. The position will ideally be based in the Bay Area but remote candidates will be considered. Please familiarize yourself with our website at www.greenbiz.com before applying.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Full health and dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Holiday pay
- Flexible paid vacation days and paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year — one individual, one company
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Click here to apply!