From Red Energy Public Relations:
Our most popular annual internship has just opened up – our Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising, Event Planning internship!
The internship has a flexible start and end date to coincide with school semester/course block. Last year we had dozens of students apply, and just two were selected to join our boutique for our internship credit through their university. We will select 1-2 students again who love events, social media management, children’s entertainment and music events (fashion, food and spa interest is a plus) to assist in coordinating weekly events, receptions and promotional events. It is unpaid, but students have an opportunity to gain class credit and leave the internship with a portfolio of real client work and events management experience.
We are essentially located on the C.C. campus, on the corner of North Weber and Monument Streets. We provide clients with social media marketing, news media promotion, event management, public relations and creative communication and design services.
Our award-winning Public Relations Agency (RedEnergyPR.com) is co-located with Sweet Celebrations, our children’s event division. Interns will have the opportunity to work specifically on all of the PR, Advertising, Event Management and Social Media for our occasional evening and Saturday and Sunday events. Social media management will be done during events, but can also be done during office hours (M-F 9-5pm). This part-time flexible schedule affords students to maintain a separate paid job in our community if desired.
Perks include spa days, Happy Hours, food & beverage previews from clients and opportunity to be mentored by a phenomenal group of fun professional women who absolutely love their Public Relations and Advertising jobs.
Your experience at Red Energy PR working primarily on the Sweet Celebrations account will include:
- Event Planning
- Media Relations
- Social Media Management
- Search Engine Optimization
- Strategic Communication
- Customer Service Audits and Client Surveys
- Website Updating
- Focus Groups
Other duties include:
- Helping to research materials for blogs, posts on social media for our children’s party/spa, food and beverage clients
- Helping update client websites via Wix and WordPress
- Coordinating promotional material for fun fashion, food and music events.
- Assisting in the research and coordination of strategic marketing campaigns. Work may include but not limited to special event support and product packaging and promotions.
- Analyzing impact of news media relations programs, community outreach efforts and marketing assessing ROI (Return on investment). May assist in establishing database of news media contacts and participants in outreach activities.
- Contributing articles and photographs to internal and external publications.
- Voluntary participation in education programs, meetings and workshops (i.e. Public Relations Society of America, Chamber of Commerce). Interns will have the opportunity to attend as non-members; some programs may have nominal fees.
We prefer someone who is crazy organized, loves color coding and has an obsession with lining things up.
- They should be willing to help organize around the office, confirm client event logistics, call ahead to booked entertainment for events, coordination of food and beverage and registration;
- Pursuing a degree or coursework in the field of marketing, event management, economics, public relations, communications, English, or business;
- Excellent English fluency oral, written communication skills;
- Ability to enthusiastically multi-task and the kind of attention to detail that makes you easily spot an extra space in a paragraph;
- Motivated and genuinely interested in supporting clients with Public Relations, Marketing & Event Planning;
- Eager to take on increasing responsibility, the kind of person who asks if they can help with anything else;
- Capable of working independently, knowing this is what it will be like post-graduation;
- Excellent computer skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point. Adobe Creative Suites a plus for most students, but required for Graphic Design interns;
- Able to complete a minimum of 15 hours per week;
- Must be non-smoking, have awesome personal hygiene and own transportation. No visible tattoos or piercings (other than ears for women) due to preference of some of our more conservative clients. Helpful to live, at least during the internship, in area of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Professional dress and appearance is required.
Email us a resume to set up a phone and then in person appointment. We are on campus, corner of North Weber and Monument Streets downtown. We are walking distance, with a bike rack on site.
Entry into our program is competitive and applicants are required to submit resumes and online work portfolios, if they have one. Select students will be called for telephone interviews and in-person interviews. Upon selection, assignments will be a combination of in-office and in the community.