The City of Colorado Springs is seeking an intern for the Department of Public Works, Traffic Engineering Division, to support multimodal and active (non-motorized) transportation. The intern will be providing staff assistance to the Transportation Planning Team and will work no more than 20 hours/week. Work is normally performed between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday with flexible work hours to work around class schedules.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the planning team by responding to e-mails, phone calls, site visits and attending community events
- Mapping projects
- Citizen outreach
- Data organization and entry into a database
- Event preparation and coordination
- Development of meeting presentations
- Research of various techniques used by other communities for pedestrian and bicycle safety issues
- Taking meeting notes with follow-up assistance
- Research and write draft policy/guidelines
Find out more!