Assists in the work of planning, organizing, and facilitating educational and academic engagement programs connecting Colorado College and the Fine Arts Center museum. This is a 12-month paraprofessional position with the Museum, with the possibility of renewal for a second academic year.
- Schedule and coordinate Education and Academic Engagement programming and perform general duties to assist Director of Education and Curator of Academic Engagement. Participate in day-to-day operational decision making, program development and project management.
• Coordinate logistics associated with the Education and Academic Engagement programs at the Museum, including class visits, ongoing activities with exhibitions, events, and artists as needed.
• Assist the Director of Museum Education and Curator of Academic Engagement with faculty and student engagement and outreach, and other teaching initiatives in the museum, including the Unblocked Gallery, touring packets, and collections and exhibition interactives.
• Support Student Guide program, including scheduling of students, maintaining meeting agendas and other details.
• Conduct and report on assessments of Museum Education and Academic Engagement programs and exhibitions.
• Provide information and address academic inquiries as required.
• As requested, provide general assistance to the collection management team as relevant to Education and Academic Engagement Projects.
• Utilize project management software and collections management software.
• Apply understandings from coursework in Art History/Studio and/or Education to museum work.
• Contribute to social media program.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from Colorado College; highly organized, flexible and comfortable with diverse audiences; outstanding interpersonal, computer, social media, and communication skills; excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize; ability to effectively collaborate with a professional staff, students, and faculty Preferred Qualifications: Degree OR coursework in Art/Art History or Education. Museum work experience considered but not required.
Must apply through the Colorado College Careers Site: https://employment.coloradocollege.edu/postings/3768
Application Deadline (at 11:59 PM Mountain Time): 03/15/2019