Mile High Youth Corps (MHYC) is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization established in 1992 to give youth ages 16 to 24 a chance to earn an income and learn hands-on job skills while serving in their communities. In its first year, 20 youth served Denver neighborhoods through a single 10-week program. Today, MHYC engages more than 200 youth (called Corpsmembers) every year through several comprehensive programs that integrate paid work experience on community service projects with leadership development, career exploration and education. During our 24 year history, Mile High Youth Corps has grown from a small, seasonal, neighborhood-based organization to a comprehensive, year-round, regional program serving 15 counties from two regional offices, Metro Denver and the Southern Front Range of Colorado. Our mission is to help youth make a difference in themselves and their community through meaningful service opportunities and educational experiences.
Below are our Corpsmember and agency accomplishments for 2017:
- $296,534 in AmeriCorps Education Awards earned
- 101,537 service hours completes
- 204 youth served
- 3.1 millions gallons of water conserved
- 408,557 kwh of energy saved annually
- 74 units of green, low-income housing built
- 43 miles of trail constructed and maintained
-Trail Work, Fire Mitigation, and more!
– Earn $720 bi-weekly stipend (before taxes)
– Earn a $1,583 AmeriCorps Education Award to pay for college, student loans, certifications
– Must be 18-24 years of age to apply
– Must have a G.E.D. or H.S. Diploma
Find out more and apply through SUCCESS, Job ID: 22459.